rakin + voicemail
RakIN calls (phone to PC calling/SIP device)
RakIN - starts at $7.95 per month includes:
RakIn locationsRakIn numbers are available in USA (New York). We can secure for you any US location. We will be adding more locations for RakIN numbers in near future.
What is RakIN call:
RakIn service are calls from any phone to your computer/SIP device. You will select a number and this number will ring in your Raketu program on your computer or in the SIP device.
How to activate RakIN number:RakIN service is a paid for service. Make sure you have enough credits and the latest version of Raketu before activating RakIN.
- Activate from Website:
Login to Raketu website. And click on the green link in the upper right corner: “Signup/Activate Unlimited and other Calling Plans”
Activate from Raketu program:
Click on "services" in the main tab to open activation window.
- VOICE MAIL is included in the price of RakIN.
In section "RakIn Dial In numbers" choose from drop down list of available numbers which number you want. You can also chose to renew RakIn automatically every month. Click on the "Activate" button.
- After activating the RakIN you will see RakIN info and you can always choose to activate the auto renewal. If you do not choose to auto renew, you HAVE to do it manually. If you do not reactivate the number in time, the service will be canceled.
- Log off and log back in to Raketu program.
- You will see the RakIn number activated in Raketu program
- See the blue indicator in the bottom of Raketu program that RakIN is active. Click on the indicator and choose to turn RakIn on or off.
How to activate voice mail:Voice mail IS included in the price of RakIN. After you activate RakIn you can setup voice mail.
- After RakIN is activated, click on the link SIP settings to get your voice mail password.
- This is where password is located in SIP settings window. You can change this password.
- Find voice mail password from Raketu program, open SIP settings from Raketu program:
Tools->Options->Network Tab->Settings button.
- Accessing voice: If you have new voice mail, red button in the right bottom corner will flash. Call the RakIN number or just click on the red flashing button (and Raketu will dail for you). When you hear the greeting message press *password (*34769) to access automated setup. To access voice mail from phone device running RakSIP settings dial *55.
- Turning RakIN on and off: you can turn on and off RakIN function. Click on the blue RakIN indicator in the right bottom corner and turn RakIN OFF. Don't forget tu turn RakIN back on.
- To record geetings: Dial the RakIN number, enter *password(*34769), than press 0 then press 1
- To change vmail password: Dial the RakIN number, enter *password(*34769), than press 0 then press 5
Calling features - how to activate
These functions are device sensitive. This means if your device is not pre-programmed to recognize these functions, it will not work. Regular handsets are programmed but many IP phones are not.
*56 Activates Call Waiting for all calls.
*57 Disables Call Waiting for all calls.
*67 Disable outbound caller ID for all calls.
*68 Enable outbound caller ID for all calls.
*69 Activates the Call Return feature for the last incoming call, which lets you redial the last incoming call.
*70 + number Turns off Call Waiting on analog phones for the current call only. When activated, a second incoming call is automatically transferred to your voice mail box.
*56 Permanently Turns off Call Waiting on analog phones. When activated, a second incoming call is automatically transferred to your voice mail box.
*57 Permanently turns on (re-enables) call waiting for analog phones. (Must be used to re-activate call waiting when it has been disabled by dialing *56).
*72 + number Turns on permanent Call Forwarding to that number.
*73 Turns off Call Forwarding
*90 + number Activates busy call forwarding. If you are on the phone and receive a second incoming call, the call is forwarded to this number. In order to use this feature call waiting must be disabled.
*91 Deactivates busy call forwarding.
*78 Turns on the Do Not Disturb feature on analog phones only, which sends all calls to voice mail and the local phone does not ring.
*79 Turns off Do Not Disturb on analog phones only.
*81 + number Disable outbound caller ID for this call only.
*82 + number For users with caller ID always blocked this unblocks caller ID on this outgoing call.
*98 Blind Call-Transfer. This will transfer an existing call to another number. Flash hook, then press *98, then the destination number and hang up the phone.
How to dial phone numbers
- From anywhere in the world:
All other countries (011/CountryCode/
AreaCode/the number). Example London: 01144xxxxxxxxxx